Friday, October 10, 2014

Magic Carpet inspired designs

In a previous post, I told you about the Park Avenue Artisan's Cooperative, and our display at the Wissahickon Valley Library. The display has been taken down, since we were only there for the month of September.
In preparation for the display, we all created our own "art" inspired by the collaborative art we created together. It was just a little challenge for us to work on as individuals, and to hopefully have a more cohesive display. The display turned out very nice, I wish I had a photo of it. Darn it!

As a reminder, this was our collaborative art piece:
 
 And here's what I made to go in the display....

I felt the inspiration artwork had a Caribbean kind of feel to it. This necklace has all the happy and spicy colors I picture of when I think about the Caribbean! The round beads are my own enameled beads. The long beads are sea glass from Znetshows. They are matte and opaque and so, so yummy!
 This is the necklace at a party, dancing! Cha-Cha-Cha!
 
 Of course, there are earring to match, just in case. The little orange flowers are resin.
 
This is a rare bracelet. Rare, because I rarely make bracelets!
I used a Vintaj Sea Maiden focal and more sea glass from Znetshows. I have been wanting to use the sea glass sand dollars for a while, and finally came up with a solution I am happy with.
 
I also put two of these simple crystal bar necklaces In the display - the orange one and the light blue one. They went well with the other items in the display.
 
We have donated our art to a local hospital, to hang in the Emergency waiting room...that story is for another post, perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment!