Tuesday, May 15, 2012

May Bead Trends

***If you're looking for the Button Swap Blog Hop, please scroll down to the previous post!***

I'm in the May Bead Trends! Back in October (or so), I sent several photos to Bead Trends, and they responded right away, asking to use my "Make a Wish" necklace (see post from April 17, where I'm a little excited). I was thrilled that they wanted to use one of my designs. But, then a month later, I got ANOTHER email from Bead Trends! They wanted to use another design for the May issue!
These earrings are one of my favorite pairs. I actually made them a while ago. Every time I wear them, I get compliments. When I started selling my jewelry at The Orchard Artworks (a small gallery near me), I decided to make a pair to sell. They were the first piece I sold there. I really do not like to make the same thing more than once, but I have made an exception here. I have made them several times, and they sell every time.
Bonus: They used this picture on the table of contents page too!
Bonus Bonus: I'm on the Vintaj blog again!
 Below is the photo I sent to Bead Trends. They are really more of a tan color - very neutral - and not as orange as the Bead Trends photo. In my photo you can also see the bead cap at the bottom. I used it to give the nest a rounded looking bottom, to look more like a nest rather than a crazy bunch of wire.
That's it for Bead Trends, for a while anyway. I haven't submitted anything in a while, and I haven't heard from them. But, now that I have a new camera and can take decent photos again, I think I'll submit some photos!!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Cynthia, those are really cute earrings it is no wonder you sell them everytime you have a few made up.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:16 PM

    Congrats to you for being in Bead Trends! Really like your earrings.
    Jeanette
    BCBS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the earrings in Bead Trends. They are delightful. By the way, the link to Vintaj has a typo in it (missing the V).

    My first published piece will be in the June issue of Bead Trends. Yay for Bead Trends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:32 AM

    congrats! They're so cute. Eileen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment!