Friday, June 06, 2014

Jesse James Inspirations, indeed.

Most of the time, when I buy beads, my reasons are less than logical: I love the beads, or they are such a good bargain I can't possibly pass them up, or I like the designer and want to purchase from them to support them, etc. I have zero idea what I will do with 95% of the beads I buy (maybe 5% "knowing" is a high estimate).
But, there I was in Joann's checking out the beads and seeing what was on sale, when I noticed the Jesse James beads were on sale. Now, they were a good buy, but I was instantly inspired to make a random beaded necklace with all the beads from one packet. Jesse James sell packets of mixed beads (a lot like bead soup, only the beads actually go together well!). The mixes have fun names, like "Urban Ice", "Wild Side" or "Maui Wowie".
Also, around the same time, I had been shopping with my mother and she was looking for a top that had leopard print. I guess you're never too old to wear animal prints (she's 78). That must have still been in my mind, and I bought 2 sets of beads: "Desert Springs" and "Cinnamon Toast". "Desert Springs" has a mix of brown and turquoise beads. "Cinnamon Toast" is a mix of browns and has some acrylic leopard print beads.
I brought them home and let them sit on my bead desk for a couple months....even when I know exactly what I want to do it can still take me months to get around to it! (head lowered)
I strung the beads in a random way, no pattern at all. I just tried to space out the larger beads. The only beads I added from my stash were some turquoise beads with crystals set in around the circumference (bought at the last Beadfest) and some small brass spacer type beads. I added chain to make them the length I wanted.


 
 The 2 necklaces look AB FAB together too!

Sometimes the simplest ideas are the best.

1 comment:

  1. They do look good together. We don''t have a Joann's around here ( which might be a good thing since I have plenty of beads to use before I buy more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment!