Wednesday, September 07, 2011

More fall designs

I'm really in the mood for fall, although I wish the rain would stop. We've had too much of it lately.

This necklace is all Raku beads I picked up at Beadfest Philly. The artist is Amy @ Xaz beads. I used a Vintaj Acorn bead cap on top of the larger bead.

This necklace was made to enter in Vintaj's Honey Bee challenge, but I did not get a decent picture until after the deadline. There's no sense in entering with a bad picture!
I WON this focal from Erin Prais Hintz, during her birthday extravaganza week, lucky me! I used crackle glass in 2 shades of yellow, and more Vintaj.

This little cutie is from Beadfreaky. I posted the other beadfreaky owl yesterday. I just love these owls! I made an acorn out of a felt bead, and the little bead, which is dark looking in this picture is a really pretty raku lampwork bead from Kelleys beads.

This last necklace is one I'm on the fence about. I like using buttons, but I don't like the holes to show. So I had the idea to make a birds nest and attach it through the holes. And the lampwork egg (also by Kelleys beads) matched the button so well, I hung it below. But I'm not sure I like the red with the blue. I normally work in monochromatic themes, so maybe it's just me being shy about color. The little beads are tiny millefiori beads with a red "flower" in the center, so that was the "color combo inspiration". The red beads are those deep red velvet beads (from China, I think)
If anyone has opinion, feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment!