Monday, November 12, 2012

Prima Beads Blog Partner beads

In previous posts, I mentioned I was contacted by Prima beads, asking if I'd like to be a blog partner. Of course, I said yes. My beads arrived, and I am finally able to show you what I did with some of the beads.
The kit had lots of stuff, but I used the red crystal bicones, the blue glass pearls, the little key charms, the small filigrees and the little enameled charms. I still have chain and other beads and findings to use, but here's what I made, for now.

I actually stopped into AC Moore, to look for something else, when I spotted the faceted millefiori beads in teal. I loved the color, and they had touches of red. Perfect for the Prima beads I had in my kit!! The blue glass pearls were very nice to work with. They have a nice weight and feel to them. The red bicones were just the right pop of color among the teal blue beads, and tied in the red crystal on the charm.
The little curved part in the focal was also in the kit. Meant to be used as an earring part, I used it to create a focal worthy of this necklace. The little charm is so cute, but was too small to stand alone, so I wired a bead to the curved part, and hung the charm from the bottom.
My photography does not really show it  - The dark background of the charm is transparent red.
And I made earrings, of course. One pair matches the necklace exactly. Same beads and the charm. Of course, now that I look at them, I did not use any bead caps in the earrings. Argh!
These earrings go with the necklace, but have the little keys and smaller bead. I have more of these little keys still to use. I think I'll make more earrings with them - too cute!
And last, but not least! I put a pair of my enameled flowers (red) on the Prima filigree, using the red bicones at the center. These are my new favorite earrings! I will definitely try to get more of these filigrees from Prima. They are the perfect size for earrings!
 
I was able to take lots of photos over the weekend - The sun finally came out!! So, be prepared to see lots more posts in the near future.
 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful on all counts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see the sun made an appearance! All so lovely. Love the creative use of that curved piece used for the focal. I think the red filigree earrings would be my new favorites, too. Don't worry about the missing bead caps on the earrings. It's not noticeable and they look exactly like they are meant to look.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment!