Friday, November 09, 2012

Here comes the sun, I hope.

I have quite a few posts in my head that I'd like to do, but I have not been able to take photos. Between the stormy weather (Sandy!) and the end of daylight savings time, I have not seen the sun in weeks! I truly hope to get photos taken this weekend, so I can put some pretty pictures up around here! (a post without pictures is much like a day with out sunshine - trust me, these days, I know it!!)

In the meantime, I was talking with a co-worker today, who dabbled in making jewelry (rosaries) for herself. She hasn't tried it for a while, life is too busy. But she was talking about how hard it was to make a good simple wire loop (for rosary chain). And we were talking about wire. I was explaining that some wire is harder than other wire, and that you can work harden wire, and general wire info.

And then I said something I never thought I'd ever say: "I prefer 20 gauge wire. 20 gauge is my favorite wire". Are you kidding me?! I have a favorite wire gauge! And I'm geek enough to say it out loud. I had to laugh at myself - I did not see this day coming.

Are there any other wire geeks out there??

Next post will have pictures, I promise :-)

2 comments:

  1. It is hard to make a good simple loop! I'm finding that wrapped loops are actually easier. I love me some 20 gauge wire, too! So versatile except for gemstones. Guess that makes me a geek, too!

    I hope there's some sunshine in your immediate future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur! I'm quite the fan of 20 gauge as well. I guess we're all wire geeks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment!