Michelle Mach put out the challenge to who ever wanted to participate. She made up kits, and also mini kits, that you could buy from her. I purchased the mini kit, because I already had many of the Vintaj pieces in my stash. I could not wait for my mini kit to arrive, because the morning Michelle posted the challenge, I had an idea driving to work, about using the Vintaj branch in a necklace design. My necklace turned out pretty much how I pictured it. I also felt compelled to use every last bead in my mini kit, so I made some earrings and a second very simple necklace.
So, without further ado....
I added extra acorn bead caps to create more acorns and the Lucite links. My idea (from that morning) was to create a "vine" of wire, wrapping around the branch, with leaves, acorns and berries hanging from it. The acorns are made with carved horn beads and small bead caps at the bottom.
Here's another shot:
I could not work the brass leaf from the kit into the first necklace. There was already enough going on in that one. So, I decided to hammer it up a bit, and make a little drop and a matching link. I made a free form wrapped wire "bead", to look like jumprings, and made the wire wrapped loops a little free form too. It's not a statement necklace, just something that you can wear any day of the week (in autumn, of course!)
This is a slightly closer, but slightly blurry photo (it wouldn't hold still), but it shows how it hangs.
Lastly, a pair of earrings. I stacked black Lucite flowers with bead caps and 2 of the beads from the kit. I made the wraps on the top free form, to match the above necklace. The little seed drops at the bottom just glow in the sunlight.
That's it for me. I enjoyed this challenge and would like to thank Michelle for dreaming it up.
You can check out all the Very Vintage participants list at Michelle's blog.
Strange letters from my father
15 hours ago