Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Another Custom Mahjong Necklace

Time sure flies! I have the best intentions of writing posts for my blog, but somehow never get the photos taken of my new jewelry. So, this past Saturday morning, I went outside and took pictures in the brisk sunlight! I was cold, but I did it anyway! I'll try to space the blog posts out a little....

I received a custom necklace request from a friend of a friend! She had seen one of my Mahjong necklaces on her friend's neck, and wondered if she could get one for herself. So, she & I "talked" through email. She wanted a tile with a red dragon, but I didn't have one in my stash. So, she found one on the internet, and then we finally met in person, for her to give me her red dragon. We chatted about what she'd like in the necklace, and about other things. It was a nice chat!
She also gave me some beads she'd bought here and there, to use or not to use, as I saw fit. Her beads were pretty cool, and I thought they'd be great with the tile. So, here you see the results!

All the beads used were her beads. She had a couple strands of faceted Czech or fire-polished beads in a mix of colors, which were a perfect compliment to her beaded beads. The beaded beads look to be hand made, possibly Indonesian? They are covered with tiny beads that are glued on, or pushed into epoxy. I made some love knot connectors with Vintaj twisted jumprings. Everything else (filigree, bead caps, chain, clasp) is also Vintaj.
 
 Here's a close up of the Red Dragon tile, and Sharon's beads.
 
 Here's another close up of her beads and the love-knot connector I made.
 
 She also was happy to get earrings. She said that they didn't need to be matchy-matchy with the necklace, so I used some of her other beads that I didn't use in the necklace, but made them in a similar way as the connectors in the necklace.
 
We met again last week for me to give Sharon her new necklace and earrings!! She was very happy with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment!