Wednesday, April 17, 2013

B&B Bead Buzz Blog

Back in January, I was reading "Bead Buzz", the editor's blog at Bead and Button magazine. The post was about making jewelry with family heirlooms. Jane Cruz told about how she made a keepsake necklace from a very special button of her grandfather's. I felt compelled to leave a comment, and it lead to a fun and lively email conversation about jewelry, family and Missouri (the place where my mother grew up). I sent Jane some photos, and she asked if she could use them in a future blog post. Of course, I said yes.

Fast forward to yesterday.
I pretty much forgot the details of the conversation - after all, it was over two months ago. Imagine my surprise to receive an email from Jane yesterday saying she posted my photos on the Bead Buzz blog!
I have made lots of jewelry over the years, but the pieces I made with my Mother's treasures remain some of my most prized. I gave most of them to other family members, including my Mom. She wears hers often.

I kept this one for myself!
Thank you Jane. It was fun to get to know you a bit!
 

1 comment:

  1. How fabulous to be featured on Jane's post! That's exciting. And what lovely keepsakes you've created with your Mother's treasures. I'm inspired to look for little treasures now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment!