Tuesday, January 22, 2013

California Poppies!!

I don't think I've ever known a flower more cheerful or exuberant than a California Poppy! My mom loves them (among other flowers), and I have tried to buy the plants for her, but they are either a different variety, or they won't thrive in our area. So what's a girl to do?

Buy poppy BEADS, of course.

I ran across Emma Todd and A Polymer Penchant during the recent challenge of color blog hop. Emma had a photo of one of her poppy pendants on her blog, so, of course, I had to check out her etsy shop. I loved the poppy, but I did not see any coordinating beads, so I convo'ed Emma about it. She was happy to make up some matching beads, to go with the poppies. She really went above and beyond my wildest expectations! She made so many beads, and I liked them all! So I got TWO poppies, so I could make a necklace for my mom, and one for me!

Mom's birthday is this week, and here is what I'll be wrapping up for her!!
Mom's necklace
A close up of the poppy - so fabulous!!
And of course, MY necklace is similar, but uses more of the accent beads, in an asymmetrical design, plus earrings too.
 
A close up of some of the accent beads - there are still so many left over, I'll need to make another necklace!
 
Mom doesn't wear earrings....but I do!!
The beads are teardrop beads, made from the same clay as the other beads.
If you love these poppies, you should check out Emma's store. I really enjoyed working with her on my bead order (actually, she did all the work!!)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a treat to see what you've done with these beads. I love that the two pieces are similar, uh, related you might say - just like you and you mum. Love it with the vintaj. You are so sweet, you have me blushing. Thank you so much for letting me be a part of this birthday gift, many happy returns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom will love the necklace for sure. How fortunate that you came across Emma's store.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment!