On a more exciting note, I finally tried "Painting with Fire" yesterday!! I pre-ordered Barbara Lewis' book this summer. I bought the PWF kit from Barbara at Beadfest Philly (and went to her demo!!!). I went to Home Depot and got the MAPP gas. I cleared (& cleaned) a section of a work bench in the basement. Saved up metal cat food cans (and washed them!!) (keep in mind, all these things we "done" over a 6-7 month period!)
Yesterday, I clamped the gas tank to the workbench, got a baking sheet and a jar of water. Screwed the torch into the tank. Emptied the vermiculite into the little pan. Took a big deep breath, and turned on the torch. I had a BLAST!! No, nothing exploded, except for the ideas in my head. I only screwed up one bead - pretty good for a beginner! And a couple had "unexpected" results. That's what learning and experimenting is all about. I enameled about 20 beads in about 2 hours. Of course, there were many
The only disappointment is that I did not have charged batteries for my camera before the sun went down yesterday, so I don't have a photo of my fabulous new enameled beads. Damn camera! ....It's not the camera's fault....damn batteries!
Maybe my word of the year can be "batteries", like, keep them charged!!