Friday, October 12, 2018

We were on vacation last week. Really, a stay-cation. We got lots done around the house, but also did some day trips.
We went to Bethlehem PA, which has a cute (but small) downtown shopping/eating district. While there, I saw 2 policemen on horseback! Just standing there on the sidewalk! Weird but neat.

We also went to Strasburg PA, to see the Pennsylvania Train Museum. My husband wanted to go, so we went. It was very nice - well done, and tons of old train cars, steam locomotives, cabooses, etc. Lots of interesting stuff, lots of reading, lots of history!
Strasburg was very quaint and pretty. There were a TON of antiques shops all over, but we didn't have time to stop in any of them. (I need to go back there!). We did stumble into a craft show, hoping to find PA Dutch food. All they had were crafts and some vintage things. I did find some neat old buttons.
Across the street from the museum was the Strasburg RR. You can actually ride on a Steam locomotive train! In that parking lot were trailers full of pumpkins, gourds, indian corn, etc! The pumpkins were only $2.00, so we got some!
Unfortunately, we did not notice (or realize) they were starting to "go". I arranged my pumpkins on the back patio, to enjoy for the coming weeks. Well, the 2 larger ones were promptly ripped open and eaten (by raccoons??) They really made a mess. *sigh*
But my smaller white pumpkin and dark green gourds have been left alone, atleast for now...I'm still enjoying them!
I added witches hair (old leaves from lilies), red leaves, pinecones, acorns and red dogwood berries.
Every morning I come out and hope it's still there. Actually, *someone* ate some of the dogwood berries, but that's ok.
Seasons greetings!

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment!