Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Mother of the Groom bling!!

What can I say? Blogging used to me more popular. Everyone's on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pintrest, etc. these days, so there are fewer and fewer blogs to read anymore. I still like to read them though, and I try to leave a comment once in a while. I will admit I should comment way more often.
I couldn't tell you why I haven't posted here in almost a year...I guess I got out of the habit of photographing my jewelry. I'm not much of a photographer, so it's like a chore for me. But still, I know it's a great way to record what I'm making, and I love looking back through my archives, to see how my designs have morphed and changed over the years. Sometimes I get a fresh inspiration from an old design.
So, with that said, I'm going to try to get this blog going again.
I won't look backwards.

Looking forward then.....I am going to my nephew's wedding in June!! It seems like only yesterday he loved to play with his Tonka Bulldozer! Now he's a young man, first-time home buyer, and soon-to-be newlywed!
My sister is the mother of the groom, so she has a special dress for the occasion, and I have offered (really, I've taken over) to outfit her in jewelry.
She's in California and I'm in Pennsylvania, so she will pick a necklace when I get out there. But I have photos of the dress. It is a medium to light grey, with crystal colored bead work all over. It has somewhat of a plunging neckline (V-shaped).

There are so many directions to go!!

So let's just let the pictures do the talking.

Vintage rhinestone pins, rhinestone circle links from Michael's
The first necklace may be too much necklace for her dress, but it is clearly my favorite!

Vintage rhinestone circle pin, crystals and chain.
 Second necklace is simple on purpose, with dangling crystal to hang in the plunging neckline.


Vintage rhinestone dress clip, rock crystal, blue Chinese crystal with rhinestone rondelle spacers
The third necklace is made from the oldest of the vintage pieces. It has some yellowing and missing rhinestones. I replaced many, but there are just too many tiny rhinestones to replace. If anyone gets that close to her necklace, they probably should get slapped for being fresh! I thought the art deco feel of the dress clip and necklace design might look good with the dress.


Rock crystal pendant and assorted crystal MOP, glass beads from my stash.
The forth necklace is probably best for the dress. Simple, but not too simple . It will hang into the plunging neckline, but not as low as necklace 2.
 
Of course there are earrings....
 
These would go with any of the necklaces, depending on how big she wants to go!

These match the third necklace exactly - very matchy-matchy!
Mother of Pearl leaves, gray glass pearls and chandelier crystal parts.
So those will be her choices. Now I need to make something for myself and the Grandmother of the groom (my Mom!). That will be my next post! Let's hope I can keep this going.
 
Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment!