Thursday, October 22, 2015

10 weeks??


I read somewhere that Christmas is less than 10 weeks away! Is that even possible?!? Is it unreasonable and contradictory for me to think the holidays are coming too quickly AND that it's way to soon for Christmas stuff in the stores? We are still a week from Halloween. But still, I'm already feeling a bit panicky about the holidays! Is it just me? Maybe it's got to do with being a year older, I don't know.

Can you tolerate photos of some new Christmas/ holiday jewelry? Too Early?
Stop reading now if you don't want to see Christmas jewelry - but please come back after Thanksgiving!!

I got this vintage Holly pendant on etsy (from WhoKnowsWhat). I was very pleased with the quality. It appears to be from the late 50's/ early 60's. The 8mm white beads, believe it or not, are Precosia beads. The balance of the beads are several years old, probably from AC Moore. Brass components from Vintaj, as usual.
 
 Here's a close up of the pendant - it's enameled! Ha - I just had a thought. I probably should have used some of my enameled beads in the necklace.... Oh well, I might need to revise this one.
 
Walking through Michael's with my 50% off coupon in hand, these little spools caught my eye. They weren't in the jewelry section. I think they were for making miniatures or something. But I was on a mission to find a frame, planning to use my coupon for that, so I kept moving. Happily, the frame I ended up getting was on sale (big shocker!), so I picked up a bag of these spools with the coupon.
I knew I wanted to wrap them with sari silk and wire. After that, I played with beads until I liked the combinations. The peppermint stripe beads are polymer clay beads from a dis-assembled Christmas bracelet. The brown sparkle beads are from AC Moore. The smallish silver, red and green beads are from a miniature reproduction vintage garland. It was meant to go on a mini tree, but I unstrung it to use the beads. The tiny red and green beads are 4mm German glass beads from Fire Mountain.
All these earrings are very light weight.
 
Once again, thanks for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment!