Thursday, March 13, 2014

More green stuff (mostly)

A couple blog posts ago, I showed my latest package of beads from Znetshows. I created several designs for the "Spring Surprises" challenge, and sent the photos, to be used in the upcoming Spring Creative Spark Glossi (digital magazine). After the deadline passed for that, I continued to put some more designs together. These were made with some of my enameled pieces that have been lounging around on my bead desk for a while. It was high time they got put to work!

First up, that flower has been perched on that leaf for a long time. I had offered it for sale, and was glad when it didn't sell. I'm in love with it, and am keeping it. I know, I don't need another green necklace, but MINE!
The Kelly green crystal bead is from Znetshows, all the other beads are Czech glass, but I don't remember where I got them.
 I love the color variations I got on the flower petals.
 
 This very green necklace was partly inspired by St. Patrick's Day (see previous post). I had the Kelly green crystals out already, so I used them, along with the oval sea glass rings, also from Znetshows. The smaller green AB crystal are from my stash, no doubt a Beadfest purchase.
 A closer look at the enameled focal.
 
 This simple little necklace was made with a vintage jewelry part, from Artthob Supply (on etsy). All I did was glue the coral chaton (from Nunn Designs) in the hole in the middle, and put it on a delicate chain. It reminds me of a vintage lavaliere. When I used to go to the auctions to buy antique jewelry, I was always on the look out for jewelry that looked like this - now I just troll etsy for the parts, and make it myself!
 A closer look - the patina on this is so lovely!
 
That's it for now. The Spring Creative Spark Glossi will be out soon. I'll post a link on this blog when it's available, so you can see the other things I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment!