Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Vintaj Monthly Challenge

For the first time, in a long time, I entered the Vintaj Monthly Design Challenge. I was late sending in my photo, but the kind folks at Vintaj squeezed me in under the wire! This month's theme is "Storybook" and the Vintaj Art Bead Partner is Erin Prais-Hintz of Tesori Trovati. You might remember her name from my previous post - she's the creator of "simple truths" pendants and beads, and made the focal pendant in my (now published) "Make a Wish" necklace!
After being published in Bead Trends, Erin kindly offered me a pendant as a gift. Of course, I took her up on her offer! The pendant  I chose reads "write your own happy ending", and is one of the many items she made to fit Vintaj's "Storybook" theme. (check out her etsy shop for more beautiful pendants).
When I saw the pendant, I immediately liked the message. I like thinking I can make my own happy ending, it's very hopeful.
The rose on the pendant is more of a brownish red, and matched some carnelian beads I had in my stash. I also wanted to bring out some of the green in the stem of the rose, so I found the lumpy etched lampwork bead. I wish I could remember who made it. I do know I bought it at Beadfest years ago. I also found some czech beads that were orangy red, with a greenish picasso finish - perfect! And of course, Vintaj bead caps, chain and findings.

If you are so inclined, please visit the Vintaj Monthly Challenge and vote for my design.

One reason I was late entering the challenge is....I got a new camera!! It's just a point and shoot style camera. I will learn about photography some other time. I really needed to take some photos, and they look pretty good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment!