Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Family Tree

I am starting to try my hand at Tree of Life pendants. The very first one I made with cheapo beads, just to see if I could do it, has, so far, been my best. Go figure!
But I was thinking of making one for my Mom for Christmas, since she's kinda hinted around that she'd like me to make her a necklace. She wears mostly the fine jewelry my Dad has given her, so I never thought she'd want one of my brass necklaces. Plus, she's not really a "jewelry gal" like I am.
Anyway, I tried to make one with the birthstones of her children and grandchildren. It is ugly!!!! All our birthdays are in Oct, Jan & Apr (pink quartz or opal, garnet, diamond), and the colors did not mix well.
So, never mind about the birthstones! Now I'm trying to do 2 colors, green and gold. Not sure I like it. I think I'll try just one color again, maybe garnets for her birthday. But, I wore this one to work and actually got some positive feedback. So, now I need to decide - Keep it or trash it?

1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment!